Saturday, June 5, 2010

Black River , NC

...



Thanks so much Pam and Frank for a wonderful weekend of paddling and campfire camaraderie. It was a blast!The creek paddle at Clear Run was the greatest fun. What scenery! And it gave us some practice with scooting over, portaging around and swimming under a log pulling one's kayak behind.The FOOD! The brats were wonderful! Eva and Maria were there so you know we ate well. And the chocolate chip cookies - of course not a one was left. And the strawberries?? Ask Pam.


Yes, many thanks to all for making this trip wonderful! The food, the companionship, the weather, the strawberries :), were great! The paddling was superb, especially the side explorations. We paddled approx. 10 miles Saturday and 5 or so on Sunday. The river level was around 9 ft with a nice flow. I'm looking forward to our next weekend paddle/camping trip!

1 comment:

sage said...

Thanks for the photos--I am writing about my first trip down the Black (in 1973) and came across your blog. I was 16 at the time and it was my first river trip--I don't know how many 1000s of miles of river I've covered since.

 
Locations of visitors to this page